At Saint Joseph East, we know how stressful a trip to the emergency room can be. That’s why we’re committed to providing the highest-quality care for you and your family, with some of the lowest wait times in Lexington.
Our ER is staffed around the clock with highly trained emergency medicine physicians and nurses, with advanced imaging right on site and medical and surgical specialists always on call. From broken bones to trauma, chest pain to mental health, we’re here when you need us.
In the event of a heart attack or heart failure, know that gold standard care is right here at home. Our cardiologists perform lifesaving interventions in the ER’s 24/7 catheterization lab, with survival rates that exceed national standards. And we coordinate all follow-up care, to ensure a smooth recovery for you or your loved one.
Around-the-Clock Emergency Services
- 24/7 coverage by board-certified or board-eligible emergency medicine physicians
- Registered nurses with specialized training and certifications, including CEN (Certified Emergency Nurse), ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support), TNCC (Trauma Nursing Care Course), ENPC (Emergency Nursing Pediatric Care) and CPR
- Direct access to specialists in cardiology, gastroenterology, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, radiology and more to meet your needs
- Onsite lab (CAP-certified) and imaging services, including MRI, ultrasound and 64-slice CT scanner to rapidly diagnose serious conditions
- 24/7 cardiac catheterization lab for immediate heart attack treatment
- 24/7 operating room with anesthesiologists on call
- 24/7 mental health crisis counseling from Our Lady of the Peace, either onsite or via video conferencing, with placement for further psychiatric care
- Stabilization of critical care injuries and transfer to nearby trauma centers
- All-private treatment rooms and separate triage areas to maximize your comfort
- Bedside electrocardiogram (EKG) for up-to-the-minute heart monitoring
Patient Resource Center
After your visit to the emergency room, it’s often recommended that you follow up with your primary care provider to ensure that your treatment and healing process stay on track. If you don’t have a primary care provider, we’ll connect you with our Patient Resource Center located in our Emergency Department at Saint Joseph East.
Open seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., the Patient Resource Center will work closely with you and your family to assist in making this vital connection between patient and primary care provider. A member of our team will:
- Assist in finding a primary care provider or family doctor based on your unique needs
- Schedule needed follow-up appointments determined at discharge
- Help with the completion of new patient paperwork for your first follow up appointment
Nationally Accredited Heart Care
Saint Joseph East has earned accreditation for cardiac catheterization and percutaneous coronary intervention by the Accreditation for Cardiovascular ExcellenceTM (ACETM). Our team voluntarily underwent this rigorous process to ensure our East Lexington communities receive the highest standards in heart care. At the center of this commitment is our state-of-the-art cath lab, where physicians deliver life-saving treatment during the critical early stages of a heart attack, as well as diagnose conditions such as congenital heart disease, heart failure and heart valve disease.