Saint Joseph East, part of CHI Saint Joseph Health, is a 217-bed community hospital located in Lexington, Kentucky. Our facility also includes the Women’s Hospital at Saint Joseph East, which is dedicated to the health and well-being of women in central and eastern Kentucky with a 16-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).
At Saint Joseph East, we are committed to providing the highest quality of care and are guided by our Mission and Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
Our key services include:
- 24/7 Emergency Care
- Breast Care
- Cancer Care
- Diabetes Care
- Ear, Nose and Throat Care
- Digestive Health
- General Surgery
- Heart and Vascular Care
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Lung Care
- Sleep Care
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Women's Care
- Orthopedic Care
See a complete list of our services and specialties.
Hospital Events and Classes
Saint Joseph East offers a variety of learning opportunities, community health events, senior citizen programs and health screenings throughout the year. View the event calendar for upcoming events in our Lexington community.
See Childbirth and Education Classes
Get Involved and Give Back
If you are looking for ways to help your local community, learn more about the Saint Joseph Hospital Foundation and our Volunteer program.
Saint Joseph Hospital Foundation
The Saint Joseph Hospital Foundation is focused on the needs of KentuckyOne’s programs and services in the Lexington area. A gift to the foundation is a meaningful way for you to share in our mission, or perhaps to say thanks for special care received.
Learn more about the foundation and how you can show your support.
Our Saint Joseph East /volunteers provide services to our patients and families to help ensure everyone who comes through our doors feels welcome and supported. If you are looking for a unique opportunity to serve others, consider /volunteering at the hospital.
See our list of volunteer opportunities.
Awards and Recognition
Saint Joseph East has been recognized by:
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Kentucky
- Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Care (2018-2019)
Surgical Review Corporation
- Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery
- Five-star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for three years in a row (2015-2017)
- Five-star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery for two years in a row (2016-2017)
- Five-star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia for three years in a row (2015-2017)
- Five-star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for three years in a row (2015-2017)
- Healthgrades Pulmonary Care Excellence Award for two years in a row (2016-2017)
- Named among the Top 10% in the nation for overall pulmonary services for two years in a row (2016-2017)
- ACE Accreditation for Cardiovascular and Endovascular Care
- American College of Surgeons 3-year accreditation for KentuckyOne Health Breast Care
Saint Joseph East
150 N. Eagle Creek Drive
Lexington, KY 40509
Maps & Directions