About the Job Shadowing Program
The Job Shadowing Program at CHI Saint Joseph Health is intended for high school and college/university students with an interest in health care and is a time-limited arrangement allowing the observation of clinical and/or non-clinical staff for education and development purposes less than 40 hours. Shadowing allows you to follow and observe a health care professional while they carry out their responsibilities at CHI Saint Joseph Health.
If additional volunteer hours are needed, complete the volunteer application.
Student job shadowing experiences will be scheduled in 2, 4, 6 or 8 hour increments on an individual basis. Requests are subject to department manager approval and may be limited due to staff availability or workload. Some departments may have additional parameters which must be met. Every attempt will be made to accommodate your learning needs, however; there may be times a request for a job shadow experience is declined. You will be notified either way. Submitting an application does not guarantee placement.
Job shadow experiences are available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. CHI Saint Joseph Health reserves the right to deny job shadow applications.
Approval and placement will be considered after the Job Shadowing Application has been received. The application will require you to provide the following information:
- Read and understand Job Shadowing FAQs
- Job Shadowing Application, which includes HIPPA Confidentiality Agreement and Job Shadowing Participation Agreement
- Job Shadowing Participation Agreement
- Proof of current immunizations meeting CHI Saint Joseph Health’s requirements
- Flu vaccination – documentation should include:
- Shadower’s name and date of birth
- The type of vaccine given
- The date of the injection
- The signature of the person who gave you the injection
- Provide the Quantiferon Gold (Q-gold) a T-spot result from within the past year
- COVID Training
- COVID Guideline Acknowledgement
- Confidentiality/HIPPA compliance education and agreement
- Other forms as developed for the program
The job shadow application will be automatically forwarded to the local sponsor at the location you identified in the application. The sponsor will contact you to secure a date and time and provide follow-up logistics.
Student’s contact information will be used by CHI Saint Joseph Health Human Resources to solicit additional extended learning opportunities, but will not be sold or shared with outside parties.
Job Shadowing Application
Download the Job Shadowing Application. Fill out and return to:
Saint Joseph Hospital
Att: Human Resources
1 Saint Joseph Drive
Lexington, KY 40504
Thank you for your interest in the Job Shadowing Program at CHI Saint Joseph Health. For additional information, please call 859.313.2663.
Job Shadowing FAQs
Job Shadowing COVID Training
Job Shadowing COVID Guideline Acknowledgement