As part of CHI Saint Joseph Health, CCH offers multiple services to assist in the management of complex medical needs that require an extended hospital stay.
CCH is licensed as a general acute care hospital and addresses the needs of unique and complicated physical, emotional, spiritual, nursing and rehabilitative needs of our patients. Our goal is for you to return to your previous home environment. We have all private rooms and promote patient and family interaction.
To learn more about our long-term acute care services, call 859.313.4366. If you are a provider and need patient referral information, please call 1.888.461.0030 and select option 2.
What are long-term acute care hospitals?
Long-term acute care hospitals are a special classification of hospital recognized by the federal government for facilities that meet the required specifications. Long-term acute care hospitals are certified to care for patients requiring an extended hospital stay. The average length of stay for an acute-care patient is at least 25 days.
Extended hospital-level care
At CCH, we provide private rooms that play an important role in patient privacy, help reduce the risk of infection and promote patient and family interaction. We serve patients who have:
- Complex medical conditions
- Pulmonary disorders
- Prolonged mechanical ventilation and ventilation weaning
- Long-term IV antibiotic therapy
- Cardiac conditions
- Wound care needs
- Complex post-surgical conditions
Our multidisciplinary approach includes a collaborative team of health care providers, including a pharmacy and wound care specialist; dieticians; physical, occupational and speech therapists; nurses; and case manager. Our chaplain is also available to help care for your spiritual needs. Services provided by our medical specialists include:
- Internal medicine
- Pulmonary care
- Infectious disease management
- Vascular surgery
Quality and Safety
What makes CCH stand out from other long-term acute care hospitals? We are very proud of our accomplishments with quality outcomes and standards using evidence based practice.
Our staff are experienced in caring for the medically complex. We’ve established several teams to assist in the prevention of falls, infections, pneumonia, pressure ulcers and deep vein thrombosis. And have received several quality awards for the services that we provide at our facility.
- 2018 Kentucky Hospital Association Award: Meta Neb Therapy
- 2018 National Association Long Term Hospital: Meta Neb Therapy
- 2018 National Association Long Term Hospital Goldberg Award Winner: PPE De-escalation
- 2017 Kentucky Hospital Association Award: Antimicrobial Stewardship
- 2017, 2016, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009 Kentucky Hospital Association Recognition: Meeting Standards & Requirements of Membership
- 2016 Kentucky Hospital Association Award: Pharmacy Led Medication Reconciliation
- 2016 National Association Long Term Hospital Honorable Mention: Video Surveillance to Reduce Patient Falls
- 2015 National Association Long Term Hospital Goldberg Award Winner: Central Line Infection Prevention
- 2014, 2013 and 2012 Kentucky Hospitals Engagement Network Recognition: Exceptional Quality Improvement Work
- 2014 National Association Long Term Hospital Goldberg Award Winner: Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections
- 2014 National Association Long Term Hospital Honorable Mention: Fall Reduction
- 2013 Kentucky Hospital Association Award: Fall Reduction
- 2012 Kentucky Hospital Association Award: Safe Patient Handling
If you would like to learn more about Continuing Care Hospital at Saint Joseph Hospital, call 859.313.4366. For referral submissions, call 1.888.461.0030.
Continuing Care Hospital
Saint Joseph Hospital
1 Saint Joseph Drive
Lexington, KY 40504
P 1.888.461.0030 select option 2