For More Information:
David McArthur, Senior Manager, Media Relations
502.562.7016 or 502.648.3411
Saint Joseph Berea Foundation Announces $1.1 Million Initiative to
Assist Patients in Accessing Health and Social Services
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Catholic Health Initiatives’ Mission & Ministry Fund have awarded $1,124,240 in grant funding to the Saint Joseph Hospital Foundation, in cooperation with the Saint Joseph Berea Foundation, both part of KentuckyOne Health. The grant will help develop an innovative model for addressing barriers created by social determinants of health, to build and sustain healthy communities.
The grant is part of CHI’s “Total Health Roadmap” initiative. The funding will be used to identify and address the social and environmental issues that affect well-being and health equity by including screening for basic human needs in three primary care physician practices in Berea and London. In addition, three Community Health Workers will be hired for each practice to assist patients identified as having unmet basic human needs. The Community Health Workers will connect patients with the proper community resources for assistance with housing, food security, childcare, behavioral health and transportation.
Saint Joseph Berea Foundation Grant Announcement
Wednesday, September 6, 2017
305 Estill Street
Berea, KY 40403
· Eric Gilliam, president, Saint Joseph Berea
· Leslie Buddeke Smart, president, Saint Joseph Berea Foundation
· Carmel Jones, vice president of market operations, KentuckyOne Health Medical Group
· Stephanie Moore, chair, Saint Joseph Berea Foundation
· Scott Thompson, director of operations, Saint Joseph Berea
· Interviews with Leslie Buddeke Smart, president, Saint Joseph Berea Foundation
· Interviews with Eric Gilliam, president, Saint Joseph Berea
· Photos/video of check presentation
As part of a statewide announcement for the $1.1 million grant, three press events will take place across the state – Saint Joseph Hospital on September 5 at 2 p.m., Saint Joseph Berea on September 6 at 10:00 a.m., and Saint Joseph London on September 6 at 1:30 p.m.
Practices selected to participate in this program include KentuckyOne Health Primary Care Associates in Berea, KentuckyOne Health Pediatric Associates in London, and KentuckyOne Health Primary Care Associates (5th Street location) in London.
Publish date:Friday, September 01, 2017