“It’s More Than Just” New Year Cheer Delivered to Patients at James Graham Brown Cancer Center by Kentucky Pageant Titleholders
Patients at the James Graham Brown Cancer Center, part of KentuckyOne Health, will receive a special visit from some “Kentucky royalty” to ring in the New Year. Current Kentucky pageant titleholders and volunteers will bring treats, handmade hats, scarves and gloves and inspirational cards to patients on Wednesday, Dec. 31, 2014. Volunteers and titleholders from the Miss Kentucky Festivals organization visit the James Graham Brown Cancer Center annually. This year’s visit is part of the organization’s “It’s More Than Just” program emphasizing community action.
WHAT: James Graham Brown Cancer Center Patients Receive Gifts from Pageant Titleholders
WHEN: Wednesday, Dec. 31, 2014
WHERE: James Graham Brown Cancer Center
M. Krista Loyd Resource Center
529 South Jackson Street
- B-roll of pageant titleholders visiting with patients and delivering handmade hats, scarves, gloves, treats and inspirational cards
- Interviews with Diane Warner, Oncology Clinical Patient Information Coordinator, M. Krista Loyd Resource Center
- Dianne Turner, Kentucky State Festival Director and Ameri-Fest National Director
- Interviews with titleholders and Deanna Cox, board member and director, Miss Buttermilk Festival, Miss Hillview Festival, Miss Bullitt Blast Festival and Cars and Crowns/Bob Hook Chevrolet Festival
- Volunteers include: Lyndsey Haukom Mrs. Kentucky Festival; and Logan Hornback, Miss Teen Kentucky Festival, among others.