At CHI Saint Joseph Health, we want the birth of your baby to be a joyful experience you’ll treasure for a lifetime. That’s why our hospitals offer compassionate and personalized care, paired with the advanced equipment and technology to keep you healthy and safe. Comfort, relaxation and person-centered care are our priorities.
Our teams of obstetricians and nurses are experts in women’s health and are happy to offer you friendly guidance through the pregnancy, birth and postpartum process. The birthing rooms at our hospitals are spacious and comfortable, so you can feel at home with the peace of mind the hospital brings. We’ll be there for you, from the moment you tour our birthing centers to the day you leave with your new bundle of joy.
Need an OB/GYN? Call 859.313.2255, contact a location near you below or find a caring physician online.
Creating a Special Birthing Experience
- Prenatal classes: We want to make sure you’re informed and ready for birth, which is why we offer essential classes to prepare you. Depending on your class, you’ll learn about preparing for your stay and what you’ll need to know for the end of your pregnancy, labor, birth, postpartum and starting off right with your newborn. Learn more and register here.
- Spacious and comfortable birthing rooms: When you give birth with us, you’ll enjoy birth and postpartum suites made for your comfort. They’re roomy with plenty of space for your family, and we welcome your support person to accompany you through the birth process.
- Personalized support: We value each patient as an individual. Our nurses and doctors want to make sure you have what you need before and after delivery. We have lactation consultants available – during your stay and as an outpatient resource – to help you learn to breastfeed and to support your other newborn feeding needs.
- Pain management: Our anesthesiologists are available to offer pain relief. Please check with your local facility regarding pain management options.
- Safety and fetal monitoring: We offer several fetal monitoring options to help ensure your baby is safe throughout labor and birth, including central fetal heart monitoring systems. Our OB nurses have special training in fetal monitoring and medical staff members are trained in Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).
- Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU): In the rare event that your baby needs a little extra help after birth, we offer a fully equipped level III NICU located at Women’s Hospital at Saint Joseph East.
- Kangaroo Care: We encourage our mothers to spend some time with their babies snuggling skin-to-skin. This is great for bonding and for baby’s healthy development. It also helps to establish breastfeeding. Our staff is knowledgeable about the benefits and would be happy to talk with you about how it can help you and your baby after birth.
- Safety and security: We use state-of-the-art security systems to ensure that your newborn is always safe. An electronic tag is comfortably attached to one foot, which allows us to monitor them 24/7.
- Postpartum care: After birth, you’ll enter what we call the postpartum period. Our postpartum care includes education and support as you begin to heal your post-pregnancy body.
- Gift shops: Flowers and other newborn gifts are available for purchase at our gift shops, which are conveniently located at each of our facilities. Contact the gift shop at your local facility below for hours and information.
- Baby Photos: Professional photographers are available during your stay with us to help you capture these sweet first moments with your newborn. Speak with your birthing center to learn more.
Find a Birth Center Near You