Lexington, Ky. (April 3, 2019) – CHI Saint Joseph Health is proud to announce that two of its facilities, Saint Joseph Hospital and Saint Joseph East, have earned multiple 2019 Healthgrades awards for outstanding patient care. Saint Joseph Hospital is Kentucky’s only recipient of the America’s 250 Best Hospitals Award™ in 2019. Healthgrades is the leading online source for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals.
“We are honored that Saint Joseph Hospital and Saint Joseph East have achieved recognition for their commitment to quality patient care across multiple service lines,” said Bruce Tassin, CEO, CHI Saint Joseph Health, and president, Saint Joseph Hospital. “These awards are made possible by the outstanding ministry and service of our dedicated physicians and hospital employees.”
The America’s Best Hospitals distinction places Saint Joseph Hospital in the top 5 percent of more than 4,500 hospitals assessed nationwide for superior clinical performance. Recipients of the award stand out among the rest for overall clinical excellence across a broad spectrum of care. During the 2019 study period (2015 through 2017), America’s Best Hospitals showed superior performance in clinical outcomes.
“Consumers have several hospitals to choose from, so it’s important they understand which hospitals achieve the best clinical outcomes,” said Brad Bowman, chief medical officer at Healthgrades. “Recipients of the Healthgrades America’s Best Hospitals Award are setting the bar in patient care.”
Saint Joseph Hospital also earned the 100 Best Hospitals recognition for Stroke Care, Critical Care and Pulmonary Care. Both Saint Joseph Hospital and Saint Joseph East achieved Five-Star and Excellence Awards for achievement in several service areas.
Saint Joseph Hospital Healthgrades achievements
- 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care 2017-2019
- 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care 2019
- 100 Best Hospitals for Pulmonary Care 2019
- Neurosciences Excellence Award 2017-2019
- Stroke Care Excellence Award 2013-2019
- Pulmonary Care Excellence Award 2016-2019
- Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award 2019
- General Surgery Excellence Award 2019
- Critical Care Excellence Award 2019
- Five-Star for Heart Failure 2012-2019
- Five-Star for Stroke 2012-2019
- Five-Star for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease 2017-2019
- Five-Star for Treatment of Pneumonia 2011-2019
- Five-Star for Colorectal Surgeries 2018-2019
- Five-Star for Treatment of GI Bleed 2013-2019
- Five-Star for Treatment of Bowel Obstruction 2019
- Five-Star for Treatment of Sepsis 2016-2019
- Five-Star for Treatment of Respiratory Failure 2017-2019
Saint Joseph East Healthgrades achievements
- Pulmonary Care Excellence Award 2019
- Five-Star for Treatment of Pneumonia 2015-2019
- Five-Star for Treatment of Sepsis 2015-2019
- Five-Star for Small Intestine Surgeries 2019
- Five-Star for Spinal Fusion Surgery 2016-2019
To learn more about how Healthgrades determines award recipients and for more information on Healthgrades Quality Solutions, please visit www.healthgrades.com/quality.
For more information about CHI Saint Joseph Health, Saint Joseph Hospital and Saint Joseph East, please visit www.CHISaintJosephHealth.org.
About CHI Saint Joseph Health
CHI Saint Joseph Health, part of Catholic Health Initiatives, is one of the largest and most comprehensive health systems in the Commonwealth of Kentucky with 135 locations in 20 counties, including hospitals, physician groups, clinics, primary care centers, specialty institutes and home health agencies. In total, the health system serves patients in 35 counties statewide. CHI Saint Joseph Health is dedicated to building healthier communities by elevating patient care through an integrated physical and behavioral health delivery system. CHI Saint Joseph Health embodies a strong mission and faith-based heritage and works through local partnerships to expand access to care in the communities it serves.
About Saint Joseph Hospital
Saint Joseph Hospital is a 433-bed hospital located in Lexington, KY. Established in 1877 by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth in Kentucky, the facility serves residents of central and eastern Kentucky and is a nationally recognized tertiary medical center. Saint Joseph Hospital is Lexington’s first hospital. The hospital’s original mission was to provide compassionate care to the poor and underserved – a tradition still carried out today.
About Saint Joseph East
Saint Joseph East is a 217-bed full service community hospital located in the southeastern section of Lexington, KY. Established in 1983, the facility serves residents of central and eastern Kentucky. At Saint Joseph East, ambulatory surgery, 24-hour emergency care and women’s health services are supported through a vast array of inpatient and outpatient programs.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Mary Branham, Director, Communications