Mobile Mammography Van Comes to Kentucky State Fair James Graham Brown Cancer Center’s Mobile Mammography Van will be on site offering state-of-the-art mammograms
James Graham Brown Cancer Center, part of KentuckyOne Health, will have their mobile mammography van on-site at the Kentucky State Fair on Monday, August 18, 2014.
The mobile mammography van has been providing screening mammograms and saving lives of women across the Commonwealth for more than 20 years. All mammograms performed on the mobile van are screening mammograms – the most common way to detect early stage breast cancer. When breast cancer is caught early, treatment is less invasive and survival rates are improved.
WHAT: James Graham Brown Cancer Center’s mobile mammography van
WHERE: Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center
South Wing “Health Horizons” area
KentuckyOne Health Area
WHEN: Monday, August 18
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
NOTE: The mobile mammography van will be available each day of the Kentucky State Fair
from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. for screenings. Women who want to be screened should make sure they
meet the following qualifications:
- Be 40 years of age or older
- Not have a previous history of breast cancer, breast surgery in the last 24 months or active breast problems
- Not have breast implants (However, women with implants can still be screened in the Breast Care Center.)
- One year has passed since the last mammogram
- Be an established patient with a medical provider and provide the name, address and phone number of that provider
Additional offerings on Wednesday, August 20 include the inflatable heart and colon (9 a.m. – 7 p.m.), blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose Screenings (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.), burn awareness unit 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.) and employee recruitment (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.).