Around-the-Clock Emergency Services
- 24/7 coverage by emergency medicine physicians
- Registered nurses with specialized training and certifications, including CEN (Certified Emergency Nurse), ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support), PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support), TNCC (Trauma), CPI (Crisis Prevention) and CPR
- Anytime access to specialists in cardiology, gastroenterology, orthopedics, neurology, general surgery and other physicians to meet your needs
- Emergency Room technician stationed in lobby from 3 – 11 p.m. to update families of the patient and communicate with triage nurses
- 24/7 operating room capability with anesthesiologists on call
- 24/7 cardiac catheterization lab for lifesaving heart attack treatment
- Onsite lab and imaging, including CT, ultrasound and MRI, to rapidly diagnose serious conditions
- 24/7 behavioral health counseling from Our Lady of the Peace via video conferencing, as well as transfer to their hospital if inpatient care is needed
- Dedicated decontamination room and specialized staff to handle events with hazardous materials
- Two designated trauma rooms to stabilize and treat critical care injuries, with transfer to nearby trauma centers, if needed
- All-private treatment rooms to maximize your comfort
- Bedside ultrasound and electrocardiogram (EKG) for up-to-the-minute heart monitoring
Nationally Accredited Heart Care
Saint Joseph London has earned accreditation for cardiac catheterization and percutaneous coronary intervention by the Accreditation for Cardiovascular Excellence (ACETM). That means we have the team, tools and processes to provide the highest standards of care to patients experiencing a heart attack. Our physicians are trained to deliver specialized care during the early stages of a cardiac event, when treatment is most critical.
STEMI (Heart Attack) Receiving Center
Working closely with local paramedics, we provide coordinated, rapid-response care to people with signs of the most severe heart attack, known as STEMI (ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction). Our ER receives EKG results sent wirelessly while patients are on the way to the hospital, providing the vital data our physicians need to make a diagnosis. If intervention is required, we can activate our cardiac catheterization team immediately. This system allows us to drastically reduce the time from the first symptoms to treatment—saving many more lives along the way.
Specialized Care for Sexual Assault Victims
We are among a select few hospitals in Kentucky to be designated as Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE)-ready. This certification recognizes our ability to provide around-the-clock response for sexual assault victims. Our ER features registered nurses specially trained to perform forensic exams of victims, while providing sensitive, compassionate care. Ensuring patients receive support and appropriate treatment in the immediate hours following an assault can help them begin the journey toward healing.