Saint Joseph Berea, part of CHI Saint Joseph Health, is a critical access hospital serving over 19,000 families. The hospital is known for providing excellence of care while using advanced medical technology in a friendly, family-like atmosphere.
With a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services, Saint Joseph Berea is committed to providing the highest quality of care. We are guided by our Mission and Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
Saint Joseph Berea is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and licensed by the Kentucky Cabinet of Health Services. Memberships in the American and Kentucky Hospital Associations are also held.
Hospital Events and Classes
Saint Joseph Berea offers a variety of learning opportunities, community health events, senior citizen programs and health screenings throughout the year. Check the event calendar for upcoming events in our Berea community.
Get Involved and Give Back
If you are looking for ways to help your local community, learn more about the Saint Joseph Berea Foundation and our Volunteer program.
Saint Joseph Berea Foundation
The Saint Joseph Berea Foundation is focused on the needs of CHI Saint Joseph Health's programs and services in the Berea area. The foundation hosts several events throughout the year where you can show your support, including the Gala for Healing and Hope.
Learn more about the foundation.
Our Saint Joseph Berea /volunteers provide services to our patients and families to help ensure everyone who comes through our doors feels welcome and supported. If you are looking for a unique opportunity to serve others, consider /volunteering at the hospital.
See our list of /volunteer opportunities.
Awards and Recognition
Saint Joseph Berea has been recognized by:
- The Joint Commission: 2014 Top Performers on Key Quality Measures®
- National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH) and iVantage Health Analytics: Recognized for accomplishments in rural healthcare
- Named Top 20 Most Socially Responsible Hospitals by the Lown Institute
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: 5-star rating as part of the CMS Overall Hospital Quality Star Ratings
- Healthgrades: Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis - two years in a row (2020-2021) and Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Respiratory Failure - three years in a row (2019-2021)
- Chest Pain Accreditation
Saint Joseph Berea
305 Estill Street
Berea, KY 40403
Maps & Directions