A Collaborative Ministry between Spiritual Care and Volunteer Services
- Work in partnership with chaplains
- Make rounds on designated hospital units (SCPs do not visit ICU or end-of-life patients.
They may go to ER depending on hospital.)
- Provide spiritual and emotional care to patients, families and visitors
- Shifts: Any day of the week, including Saturday and Sunday
- 1 year minimum commitment
- Complete a 9 week training course:
If you are interested in applying to be a Spiritual Care Partner Volunteer:
- Complete the general volunteer application located here
- Complete the supplemental Spiritual Care Partner Volunteer application.
- We will contact you to set up an interview with the Spiritual Care department
- Complete the Volunteer Orientation - Click on Volunteer/Shadower Orientation in the left hand column and follow the instructions on that page.
If you have any questions, you may contact:
Volunteer Services: 859.313.1290