Saint Joseph Mount Sterling is part of CHI Saint Joseph Health. Saint Joseph Mount Sterling Hospital is a 42 licensed bed community hospital located in Mount Sterling, KY and has a mission dating back to 1918. Our hospital primarily serves the population of eight counties in east-central Kentucky.
The 340B Drug Pricing Program helps CHI hospitals stretch scarce health care dollars and deliver high quality health care services to vulnerable patient populations, including low-income, uninsured, underinsured and homeless patients. We provide comprehensive medical services to all patients, including a full spectrum of inpatient services, surgical services, and outpatient services such as Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Infusion Services, Women’s Care and Palliative Care. The 340B Program has allowed Saint Joseph Mount Sterling to expand access to care and provide expensive medications free of cost, while focusing on safe, cost-effective care that results in improved patient outcomes.
- Uncompensated Care: $3.5 million
- Community Benefit: $14.2 million
(charity care + uncompensated care + community programs)
Benefits of the 340B Program
- The Outpatient Infusion Center which provides comprehensive cancer care, chemotherapy and non-oncology infusion services in the patient’s home community.
- Uncompensated care provided to improve the health of our community.
- 340B Savings: $2,400,000
- Approximate DHS percentage: 12%
Impact if the program is scaled back
- Saint Joseph Mount Sterling would be required to scale back local infusion services as well other ambulatory services.
- Saint Joseph Mount Sterling provides a plethora of community health improvement services which would be cut without 340B resources.