Saint Joseph Hospital, part of CHI Saint Joseph Health, is a 433-bed hospital located in Lexington, Kentucky. Founded in 1877, Saint Joseph Hospital was Lexington’s first hospital and serves residents of central and eastern Kentucky.
At Saint Joseph Hospital, we are committed to providing the highest quality of care and are guided by our Mission and Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
Also known as Lexington's "heart hospital", Saint Joseph has pioneered many firsts in the health care community. Saint Joseph has also been nationally recognized for treatment in the areas of cardiology, orthopedics and stroke.
Our key services include:
- 24/7 Emergency Care
- Cancer Care
- Diabetes Care
- Heart and Vascular Care
- Digestive Health
- General Surgery
- Orthopedic Care
- Pain Management
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Lung Care
- Wound Center
See a complete list of our services and specialties or learn more about visiting Saint Joseph Hospital.
Hospital Events and Classes
Saint Joseph Hospital offers a variety of learning opportunities, community health events, senior citizen programs and health screenings throughout the year. View the event calendar for upcoming events in our Lexington community.
Get Involved and Give Back
If you are looking for ways to help your local community, learn more about the Saint Joseph Hospital Foundation and our Volunteer program.
Saint Joseph Hospital Foundation
The Saint Joseph Hospital Foundation is focused on the needs of KentuckyOne’s programs and services in the Lexington area. A gift to the foundation is a meaningful way for you to share in our mission, or perhaps to say thanks for special care received.
Learn more about the foundation and how you can show your support.
Our Saint Joseph Hospital volunteers provide services to our patients and families to help ensure everyone who comes through our doors feels welcome and supported. If you are looking for a unique opportunity to serve others, consider volunteering at the hospital.
See our list of volunteer opportunities.
Awards and Recognition
Saint Joseph Hospital has received the following recognition:
- Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement by Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Recertified as Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
- ACE Accreditation for Cardiovascular and Endovascular Care
- IDSA Antimicrobial Stewardship Center of Excellence
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get with the Guidelines – Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- Cardiac Rehab received Program Certification through the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVRP)
- Received Platinum Status by Kentucky Organ Donor Affiliates (KODA)
- 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care 2017-2019
- 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care 2019
- 100 Best Hospitals for Pulmonary Care 2019
- Neurosciences Excellence Award 2017-2019
- Stroke Care Excellence Award 2013-2019
- Pulmonary Care Excellence Award 2016-2019
- Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award 2019
- General Surgery Excellence Award 2019
- Critical Care Excellence Award 2019
- Five-Star for Heart Failure 2012-2019
- Five-Star for Stroke 2012-2019
- Five-Star for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease 2017-2019
- Five-Star for Treatment of Pneumonia 2011-2019
- Five-Star for Colorectal Surgeries 2018-2019
- Five-Star for Treatment of GI Bleed 2013-2019
- Five-Star for Treatment of Bowel Obstruction 2019
- Five-Star for Treatment of Sepsis 2016-2019
- Five-Star for Treatment of Respiratory Failure 2017-2019
Saint Joseph Hospital
1 Saint Joseph Drive
Lexington, KY 40504
Maps & Directions