If you’re experiencing a medical emergency, call 9-1-1 immediately or go to your nearest emergency room.
Our Emergency Room:
225 Falcon Drive
Mount Sterling, KY 40353
When the unexpected happens, you need care you can count on. The Emergency Department at Saint Joseph Mount Sterling is always ready to deliver, providing around-the-clock services for our Montgomery, Bath, Menifee and Powell County communities.
Our dedicated team features some of the most experienced emergency medicine physicians and nurses in the area, skilled in treating urgent or traumatic conditions. You also have direct access to experts in medical and surgical specialties—including orthopedics, gastroenterology, lung care and more—plus all the resources from one of the largest health systems in Kentucky.
In the event of a heart attack or stroke, know that nationally recognized care is just around the corner. We have the team, technology and system to provide life-saving treatment in those critical moments. And we’ll coordinate follow-up care to ensure a smooth recovery for you or your loved ones.
Around-the-Clock Emergency Services
- 24/7 coverage by board-certified or board-eligible emergency medicine physicians
- Registered nurses with more than 20 years of experience, many with specialized training and certifications such as CEN (Certified Emergency Nurse), ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support), PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support), TNCC (Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum Certification) and CPR
- On-call specialists and referrals to other CHI Saint Joseph Health hospitals
- Onsite lab and imaging services, including CT, ultrasound and X-ray, for a more comfortable experience and faster results
- Direct access and transport to the 24/7 cardiac catheterization lab at Saint Joseph Hospital for life-saving heart attack care
- State-of-the-art trauma bays for stabilization of injuries and transfer to nearby trauma centers, as needed
- All-private treatment rooms and triage areas to maximize your comfort
- Bedside electrocardiogram (EKG) for up-to-the-minute heart monitoring
STEMI (Heart Attack) Receiving Center
Working closely with local emergency medical service teams, we provide coordinated, rapid-response care to people with signs of the most severe heart attack, known as STEMI (ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction). If intervention is required, we can immediately activate the cardiac catheterization team at Saint Joseph Hospital in Lexington, where patients can be transported via helicopter.
Prior to this program, it was a challenge to quickly get rural-area heart attack victims to a hospital with a cardiac catheterization lab. Now, we’ve drastically reduced the time from the first symptoms to treatment—saving many more lives in the process.
Ready the Second Stroke Strikes
When it comes to stroke, time lost is brain lost. We provide first-response treatment to stroke patients when rapid action and proper medications can help save lives and prevent long-term disability. Our team also coordinates immediate transfer to nearby Primary Stroke Centers for more comprehensive support, while continually seeking new, faster and more effective treatments to improve outcomes for our local communities.