Smoking causes about 90% of lung cancers, but early detection can increase your chances of survival by nearly 50%. A lung cancer screening is safe, it’s effective and it could save your life.
Your insurance should cover lung cancer screening based on the following criteria:
- You are a heavy smoker, or former heavy smoker
- You have quit smoking less than 15 years ago
- You have Medicare insurance, and are between ages 55 and 77
- You have Aetna insurance, and you are between ages 55 and 79
- You are covered by insurance, and you are between ages 55 and 80
- It has been more than one year since your last chest CT
Please don’t put this off any longer. A simple screening can detect lung cancer early – at its most treatable stage. Schedule your low-dose screening CT today.