The Continuing Care Hospital serves patients who have:
- Complex Medical Conditions
- Respiratory Infections and Disorders
- Prolonged Mechanical Ventilation
- Long-term IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Cardiac Conditions
- Wound Care Needs
- Complex Post-Surgical Conditions
- Rehabilitation Capability with Complicated Needs
Case Management at the Continuing Care Hospital
- Serves as the communication link between you, your family, your physician and the staff.
- Works with you and the interdisciplinary team to enhance your care and your overall satisfaction while in the hospital.
- Identifies obstacles and conflicts with your care delivery and resolves them with the interdisciplinary team.
- Coordinates care plan meetings to outline your specific care needs and your progress toward discharge.
- Coordinates transfer to other facilities as needed or coordinates your discharge to home.
- Coordinates home care services and necessary medical equipment.
- Works collaboratively between all disciplines to ensure each patient’s care is optimized throughout their entire stay.
Excellent Quality Outcomes
The Continuing Care Hospital is a 57-bed long-term acute care hospital with 32 beds located within Saint Joseph East and 25 beds located within Saint Joseph Hospital.
CHI Saint Joseph Health | Continuing Care - Saint Joseph Hospital
1 Saint Joseph Drive, 3rd and 4th Floors
Lexington, KY 40504
859.313.4366 | 859.313.4848