Visitor restrictions are in place to protect the patients and staff of CHI Saint Joseph Health during the COVID-19 pandemic. Some site-specific variations will be communicated locally based on physical restrictions of waiting space or clinic space.
These changes are effective Monday, November 1, 2021
- Two designated visitors (18 and older) allowed for patients who are admitted to the hospital from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- One pre-approved health care support person allowed overnight; considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Two designated visitors allowed for Women's Services.
- Two visitors allowed for end-of-life care.
- One visitor for a patient undergoing a surgery or procedure; must stay in room with patient or go to car during procedure.
- No visitors allowed for COVID-19 patients, except on a case-by-case basis.
- All visitors will enter at one designated location and be screened for symptoms of COVID-19.
- All visitors and patients MUST wear a mask while on hospital property.
- Even if a visitor has been cleared for entry, this does not guarantee they will be allowed to stay if other visitors are already present.
- Visitors should perform frequent hand-washing and follow good respiratory hygiene.
- Visitors should remain only in the patient room and should avoid entering and exiting the facility as much as possible.
- All visitors must be over age 18.
- This policy will be enforced consistently regardless of any pre-communicated expectations (for example, a health care provider who communicates with a family incorrectly).
- Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Outpatient oncology, including infusion, radiation therapy and clinics, imaging, procedural and outpatient services, except for patients under age 18 or who need assistance will have different visitor policies.
- Health care support person may accompany patients as needed.
- Exceptions are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Continuing Care Hospital (CCH) allows two designated visitors - one at a time - from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Visitors must sign in and pass the screening tool each time, and they must wear a mask for the entirety of their visit. All patients will identify two designated visitors upon admission.
CHI Saint Joseph Medical Group providers continue to care for patients in offices and clinics. Exceptions will be made for a parent or guardian for a patient under age 18 or for patients who require assistance. If you have an appointment, please check with your provider before leaving home for any special instructions. Patients should contact their regular health care provider by phone first if they are experiencing symptoms like cough, low-grade fever or other respiratory issues.
CHI Saint Joseph Health understands this change in policy may be difficult for families, but it is imperative we take additional precautions to keep our patients and community safe during this global pandemic.