Catholic Health Initiatives Mobile App Agreement
Last Updated: August 5, 2015
GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM OF A LOCAL HOSPITAL OR DIAL 911 IMMEDIATELY IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY.
- Not Medical Advice. Information in this mobile app is informational only. IF YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH CARE RELATED QUESTIONS, CONTACT YOUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER PROMPTLY. NEVER IGNORE MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU READ ON THIS MOBILE APP.
- Use of System. You may install this mobile app on one mobile device that you own or control, and may view or download any content for your own personal use.
- Your Health Information. Some information you provide may be Protected Health Information (“PHI”) under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). PHI means personally identifiable health information about your physical or mental health, provision of health care to you, or your payment for health care. Protection of your PHI is described in one of our HIPAA notice of privacy practices - see the list of privacy practices to ensure you understand how your PHI is protected.
- Mobile Provider Charges. Your mobile provider contract applies when you access the System via this mobile app. Your mobile provider may charge you fees for accessing the mobile app, data downloading, e-mail, text messages, roaming, or other charges. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL MOBILE PROVIDER FEES.
- Mobile Device Information. We may obtain information about the type of mobile device you are using, your phone number, your mobile device identification information, or the real-time physical location of your mobile device. If we begin to offer services related to the physical location of your mobile device, we will obtain your consent before using that information. Most mobile devices allow you to disable location services. By using this mobile app, you are expressly consenting to our collection of this information, and giving us your prior written consent to receiving texts and email on your mobile device.
- Your Account. Do not share your login information with anyone. Any change to your account information, and all postings, text, images, messages, files, or other materials you post, transmit through, or link to the System (collectively, “Your Content”), are your sole responsibility. We are not liable for any loss or damage of any kind relating to Your Content.
- No Warranty or Support. THE MOBILE APP, SYSTEM, CONTENT, INFORMATION AND RELATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," You acknowledge that we do not provide support for this mobile app. The mobile app may not be compatible with your mobile provider’s service plans, or with any particular mobile device, hardware, or software. We are not responsible if you cannot download or access the mobile app or System content.
- CHI’s Limited Liability. CHI IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES GREATER THAN $1000, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- Termination. CHI may terminate your access to the System for any reason. Upon termination, you must immediately delete all copies and stop using the mobile app. You are responsible for making sure Your Content and other information you desire is downloaded or backed up.