If you or a loved one ever experiences chest pain, know that nationally recognized care is just around the corner. Our cardiac team is always ready to halt a heart attack in its tracks with fast diagnosis and intervention, saving more lives and heart muscle in those crucial moments.
Around-the-Clock Emergency Services
- Serving Madison, Estill, Garrard, Jackson and Rockcastle County and our surrounding communities
- 24/7 coverage by board-certified emergency medicine physicians
- Registered nurses with specialized training and certifications, including CEN (Certified Emergency Nurse), ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support), PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) and CPR
- On-call specialists in cardiology, orthopedic surgery, radiology and more to meet your needs
- Onsite lab and imaging services, including CT, ultrasound and MRI to rapidly diagnose serious conditions
- 24/7 mental health crisis counseling from Our Lady of the Peace, either onsite or via video conferencing (see below)
- Stabilization of critical care injuries and transfer to nearby trauma centers
- Bedside electrocardiogram (EKG) for up-to-the-minute heart monitoring
Nationally Accredited Chest Pain Center
Saint Joseph Berea has earned accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers and Providers (SCPC). That means we provide a faster, higher level of care to patients with heart attack symptoms, with better survival rates. Our physicians deliver specialized care during the early stages of a cardiac event, when treatment is critical to preserving heart muscle. We’re also able to better monitor patients when it’s not certain they are having a heart attack, ensuring they’re not sent home too quickly or needlessly admitted to the hospital.
Peace of Mind for Mental Health Crises
In the past, it was difficult to get patients with urgent psychological needs quickly evaluated by an expert. But with innovation in telemedicine, we can now provide help any time day or night. A counselor at Our Lady of Peace in Louisville is alerted and set up with video equipment specially designed to keep patient information confidential. At Saint Joseph Berea, a monitor is rolled into a patient's room for privacy. After this one-on-one evaluation, the counselor can recommend treatment, or if inpatient care is needed, we can arrange transport to an appropriate inpatient facility.